Re: [puredyne] testing 10.10 alpha

Antonios Galanopoulos Antonios Galanopoulos

Re: [puredyne] testing 10.10 alpha

Hi,

gusano said :
> hello
> I gave a shot to gazpacho alpha, grabbed a cd iso on
> http://download.goto10.org/puredyne/gazpacho (from 19 Oct.) and used
> unetbootin to make a live-usb.
>
> it seems to boot until I get to fvwm, black screen with the
> workspaces on the top-left..
> then, any click opens a new fw menu, so I end up with a dozen of
> non-clickable bluish menus everywhere on the screen..

1THis is a known issue which i thought we worked around when we made
the iso.  gdm ignores your default wm and selects one in alphabetical
order, All these are files in /usr/share/xsessions/.  Fvwm starts with
a capital F therefore takes precedence. deleting the file ore renaming
the puredyne provided default.desktop to Default.desktop will fix it
:)

> just thought I should mention it here ;)

thank you

> I'm using a thinkpad t40.
>
> cheers,
> _y

|'`'.           .''.            ..
|-----`.----.'------- '------------.

http://agagag.goto10.org

gusano gusano

On 11/26/10 01:16, Antonios Galanopoulos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> gusano said :
>> hello
>> I gave a shot to gazpacho alpha, grabbed a cd iso on
>> http://download.goto10.org/puredyne/gazpacho (from 19 Oct.) and used
>> unetbootin to make a live-usb.
>>
>> it seems to boot until I get to fvwm, black screen with the
>> workspaces on the top-left..
>> then, any click opens a new fw menu, so I end up with a dozen of
>> non-clickable bluish menus everywhere on the screen..
>
> 1THis is a known issue which i thought we worked around when we made
> the iso.  gdm ignores your default wm and selects one in alphabetical
> order, All these are files in /usr/share/xsessions/.  Fvwm starts with
> a capital F therefore takes precedence. deleting the file ore renaming
> the puredyne provided default.desktop to Default.desktop will fix it
> :)

ah yes thanks.
I tried make-live-device.sh on another stick (while in 10.10), and the
newly made live stick won't boot but brings me to a grub prompt..
will do more tests later.

I also noticed a couple of small issues that I'll report on launchpad.

cheers,
_y