Re: [puredyne] crontab not found

Claude Heiland-Allen Claude Heiland-Allen

Re: [puredyne] crontab not found

Hi,

On 10/08/10 14:33, gusano wrote:
> hi
>
> while trying to add a cronjob with `crontab -e` I got this error:
>
> zsh: command not found: crontab
>
> am I missing something ?

It's not installed on the live distro, but you can get it fairly easily:

sudo aptitude install cron

OT: some bash configurations can suggest which packages to install
contain programs that aren't installed yet, maybe there's something
similar somewhere for zsh ?  the package 'command-not-found' provides a
python script and it's configured in /etc/bash.bashrc : example:

$ crontag
No command 'crontag' found, did you mean:
  Command 'crontab' from package 'cron' (main)
  Command 'crontab' from package 'bcron-run' (universe)
crontag: command not found

> cheers,
> _y

Thanks,

Claude

Claude Heiland-Allen said :

> Hi,
>
> On 10/08/10 14:33, gusano wrote:
> >hi
> >
> >while trying to add a cronjob with `crontab -e` I got this error:
> >
> >zsh: command not found: crontab
> >
> >am I missing something ?
>
> It's not installed on the live distro, but you can get it fairly easily:
>
> sudo aptitude install cron
>
> OT: some bash configurations can suggest which packages to install
> contain programs that aren't installed yet, maybe there's something
> similar somewhere for zsh ?

source /etc/zsh_command_not_found

[hidden email] said :
> (~) % source /etc/zsh_command_not_found                           OZ
> source: no such file or directory: /etc/zsh_command_not_found
> zsh: exit 1

apt-get install command-not-found
then
source /etc/zsh_command_not_found

if you're happy with it, add it in your ~/.zshrc to have it sourced
everytime you use the shell.

gusano gusano

Re: [puredyne] crontab not found

great, thanks