Re: [puredyne] Puredyne in hp dm1 3080

Yorgos Diapoulis Yorgos Diapoulis

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne in hp dm1 3080

Hi list,

sorry for the previous mail, it had a wrong tiltle,  so I repost.

I'm also, on a HP dm1, 64-bit installation and I have the same malfunctions
like those felix has mentioned. I'm working on supercollider, and I haven't
spot yet the SCClassLibrary and plugins folders.

Any propositions, do you think I should have move to another distro?

best,
yorgos

> Sorry, Geofroy, I meant that it seemed that the 64 bit Puredyne didn't
> recognize my 8 gb ram, but I couldn't study further. I was having lots
> of different not recognized hardware -sound, right mouse button,
> wireless, contextual menu key, volume keys- and had to move to ubuntu
> studio.
> I am not able to take the time to fix all this right now because I
> have a lot of work to do, so I guess I will have to wait for a
> Puredyne update.
> Thank you a lot
> Felix

------

ddw_music ddw_music

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne in hp dm1 3080

At Thu, 2 Feb 2012 22:17:23 +0200,
Yorgos Diapoulis wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> sorry for the previous mail, it had a wrong tiltle,  so I repost.
>
> I'm also, on a HP dm1, 64-bit installation and I have the same malfunctions
> like those felix has mentioned. I'm working on supercollider, and I haven't
> spot yet the SCClassLibrary and plugins folders.

In Linux, SCClassLibrary is inside the system application support directory: Platform.systemAppSupportDir. (Linux is not mac).

Plugins go into the system's standard library path. I think (not 100% sure about this) that if you've installed SuperCollider from a package (like in puredyne), this location is /usr/lib/SuperCollider/plugins. If you've built from source, /usr/local/lib/SuperCollider/plugins.

This is all standard for FHS.
hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world