Re: [puredyne] Puredyne & Pure Data futureproofing question

Julian Brooks Julian Brooks

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne & Pure Data futureproofing question

On 8 November 2010 11:47, J bz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm about to update my hardware and am looking at getting a 2nd hand lenovo x60 or x60s.

The x60s runs cooler and therefore longer on battery than the x60.  There is an option within my budget (200 pounds) to get the core 2 duo which seems to have the advantage of running a 64b distro. Now as far as I'm aware pure data is generally 32b but I will be using this machine for many years to come hopefully, so I am wondering whether I should get the c2d option as a way of future-proofing?

Although I use Puredyne as my OS, therefore making use of the various programs that come with it, pure data is the thing I'm most interested in, using it for composition and performance.  So the best way of running pd is what I am most concerned about.

If any one has any pointers or opinion about the usefulness or not of this I would be delighted to hear from you.

All good wishes,

Julian