RTF files in Puredyne

carltesta carltesta

RTF files in Puredyne

Hello All,

I have been using Puredyne for a little while now and I am transferring some of my old Supercollider RTF files that I wrote on Mac OS X into SuperCollider in Gedit on Puredyne. The problem is that Gedit doesn't support the RTF format. Funny, I never realized that RTF was a proprietary format. Anyway I would like to run that SuperCollider code but the formatting of the RTF is preventing me from seeing the raw code. How can I read/edit RTF files in Puredyne so I can convert them to another format?

I would appreciate any help,
Thank You,
Carl
Bernardo Barros Bernardo Barros

Re: [puredyne] RTF files in Puredyne

hi carl,

emacs reads rtf format but does not write. if you really prefer gedit
you can use emacs for a while until you convert your old work.

best!

ddw_music ddw_music

On 7/27/10 7:24 PM, Bernardo Barros wrote:
> hi carl,
>
> emacs reads rtf format but does not write. if you really prefer gedit
> you can use emacs for a while until you convert your old work.

Or, read into emacs and save from there as .scd.

I used unrtf once upon a time. Seemed pretty decent for batch conversion.
hjh

--

James Harkins /// dewdrop world
[hidden email]