Puredyne 6th Feb CD: problems booting

keithpeter keithpeter

Puredyne 6th Feb CD: problems booting

Hello All

puredyne-1010-gazpacho-CD-i386-alpha.iso

I downloaded the CD image above from

http://download.goto10.org/puredyne/gazpacho/

I burned it as an image from Brasero in Ubuntu 10.10, having checked the md5 checksum. It boots, presents the menu with the countdown. When you press enter or wait for the countdown to finish, it starts again.... no boot.

This is on a PC and a laptop both of which boot Ubuntu 10.04, Puredyne 9.10/9.11 and Ubuntu 10.10.

Anyone else having issues with the iso?

Cheers

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne 6th Feb CD: problems booting

same on the amd64

geoffroy tremblay said :
> same on the amd64

mmm.... that's the alpha3, right?
Would be good to rename it so we don't get confused when a new one is
made...

I cannot test anything at the moment, could you guys try to play with
boot arguments to see if anything works? (Press TAB on the default boot
entry and you should be able to edit things).

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM, keithpeter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello All
> >
> > puredyne-1010-gazpacho-CD-i386-alpha.iso
> >
> > I downloaded the CD image above from
> >
> > http://download.goto10.org/puredyne/gazpacho/
> >
> > I burned it as an image from Brasero in Ubuntu 10.10, having checked the md5
> > checksum. It boots, presents the menu with the countdown. When you press
> > enter or wait for the countdown to finish, it starts again.... no boot.
> >
> > This is on a PC and a laptop both of which boot Ubuntu 10.04, Puredyne
> > 9.10/9.11 and Ubuntu 10.10.
> >
> > Anyone else having issues with the iso?
> >
> > Cheers
> > --
> > ---
> > [hidden email]
> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne 6th Feb CD: problems booting

just downloaded the latest i386 and it's fine for me - there is the
alpha2 and the alpha -
the alpha is the latest - maybe should be rename -

I'll do more 64bit testing this weekend

processing is working good with the openJDK apart that the font is
awful - unreadable italic
font withoutantialias - not sure why this is (if it's processing
problem or openJDK)
Even if I change the preference for processing in the
/opt/processing/lib/preference it doesn't change the font

I'll check further why the font is freaking out

thanks !

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Aymeric Mansoux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> geoffroy tremblay said :
>> same on the amd64
>
> mmm.... that's the alpha3, right?
> Would be good to rename it so we don't get confused when a new one is
> made...
>
> I cannot test anything at the moment, could you guys try to play with
> boot arguments to see if anything works? (Press TAB on the default boot
> entry and you should be able to edit things).
>

>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM, keithpeter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello All
>> >
>> > puredyne-1010-gazpacho-CD-i386-alpha.iso
>> >
>> > I downloaded the CD image above from
>> >
>> > http://download.goto10.org/puredyne/gazpacho/
>> >
>> > I burned it as an image from Brasero in Ubuntu 10.10, having checked the md5
>> > checksum. It boots, presents the menu with the countdown. When you press
>> > enter or wait for the countdown to finish, it starts again.... no boot.
>> >
>> > This is on a PC and a laptop both of which boot Ubuntu 10.04, Puredyne
>> > 9.10/9.11 and Ubuntu 10.10.
>> >
>> > Anyone else having issues with the iso?
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > --
>> > ---
>> > [hidden email]
>> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
>> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

> a.
> --
> http://su.kuri.mu

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne 6th Feb CD: problems booting

I installed the ttf-dejavu-core and the font now looks a lot better in
processing - will fill in a bug -
should I add it to the packages ? I wouldn't take much time

thanks

geoffroy tremblay said :
> same on the amd64

OK just had 5 minutes now to check why ...
and it won't boot because the name for the kernel and initrd are not
correct in the isolinux config, d'uh.

No idea how this happened, I was pretty sure I had booted one without
problem... must have been tired and used an old iso... weird.

I will try to fix it in the coming days.

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM, keithpeter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello All
> >
> > puredyne-1010-gazpacho-CD-i386-alpha.iso
> >
> > I downloaded the CD image above from
> >
> > http://download.goto10.org/puredyne/gazpacho/
> >
> > I burned it as an image from Brasero in Ubuntu 10.10, having checked the md5
> > checksum. It boots, presents the menu with the countdown. When you press
> > enter or wait for the countdown to finish, it starts again.... no boot.
> >
> > This is on a PC and a laptop both of which boot Ubuntu 10.04, Puredyne
> > 9.10/9.11 and Ubuntu 10.10.
> >
> > Anyone else having issues with the iso?
> >
> > Cheers
> > --
> > ---
> > [hidden email]
> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne 6th Feb CD: problems booting

kool - I should be able to do more testing in the coming week when I
finish my java school exams :S (that are painfull )

got a new 64bit machine too - so I can test on 3 machine here

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 3:10 AM, Aymeric Mansoux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> geoffroy tremblay said :
>> same on the amd64
>
> OK just had 5 minutes now to check why ...
> and it won't boot because the name for the kernel and initrd are not
> correct in the isolinux config, d'uh.
>
> No idea how this happened, I was pretty sure I had booted one without
> problem... must have been tired and used an old iso... weird.
>
> I will try to fix it in the coming days.
>

>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM, keithpeter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello All
>> >
>> > puredyne-1010-gazpacho-CD-i386-alpha.iso
>> >
>> > I downloaded the CD image above from
>> >
>> > http://download.goto10.org/puredyne/gazpacho/
>> >
>> > I burned it as an image from Brasero in Ubuntu 10.10, having checked the md5
>> > checksum. It boots, presents the menu with the countdown. When you press
>> > enter or wait for the countdown to finish, it starts again.... no boot.
>> >
>> > This is on a PC and a laptop both of which boot Ubuntu 10.04, Puredyne
>> > 9.10/9.11 and Ubuntu 10.10.
>> >
>> > Anyone else having issues with the iso?
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> > --
>> > ---
>> > [hidden email]
>> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
>> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne

> a.
> --
> http://su.kuri.mu

Breen Breen

Re: [puredyne] Puredyne 6th Feb CD: problems booting

I unpacked the iso image and renamed that files to "vmlinuz" and "initrd.img", made new "md5sum.txt", created new ISO and I can boot.