MuseScore in Puredyne v9.11

dkwilson dkwilson

MuseScore in Puredyne v9.11

I have Puredyne v9.11 DVD i386, running from DVD. Running MuseScore I get the following error dialog: 'Loading Soundfont "/usr/share/sounds/sf2/FluidR3_GM.sf2" failed. Sequencer will be disabled.' Checking the path in the error dialog reveals that in fact the specified file does not exist. Is this the correct behavior, that is, no support for the MuseScore sequencer in Puredyne?

Thanks!

Re: [puredyne] MuseScore in Puredyne v9.11

you might have to download the soundfonts.  I don't know if they come packaged with the 9.11 DVD.  In fact, I seem to remember downloading both Qsynth (fluidsynth) and the soundfonts.  I believe the FluidR3_GM soundfont is actually in the debian repositories.  Yes, I just checked and I got this:

fluid-soundfont-gm - Fluid (R3) General MIDI SoundFont (GM)
fluid-soundfont-gs - Fluid (R3) General MIDI SoundFont (GS)

so you'd likely want to run

sudo apt-get install fluid-soundfont-gm

I guess if you're running from DVD you can't really install stuff huh... do you have a persistent medium?  you may be able to get the soundfont file directly and then provide muse score with a path to it.  I don't really know how muse score works, but this should be a simple fix.

This might be something that needs to be fixed if MuseScore is included with Puredyne.

hope this helps a little.

-grant