Lost the Panel on reboot

carltesta carltesta

Lost the Panel on reboot

There seems to be a bug in puredyne when you try to edit the properties of the panel by right-clicking on the panel itself and opening the panel properties menu. After you reboot the OS the panel disappears and you can't open up the panel properties/preferences anymore. This has happened on 2 different usb keys I have installed puredyne on.

Any suggestions on how to get the panel back?

Thank You,
Carl

Re: [puredyne] Lost the Panel on reboot

Hi -

On a 9.11 stick I right-clicked on the panel, chose "Customise panel"
(this is the option you're referring to, I think?) and changed it so
it was at the top of the screen rather than the bottom, and a bit
narrower. Then I rebooted and... the panel was fine, it was just how I
had customised it.

Did I do the same kind of thing as you? Couldn't reproduce the problem
I'm afraid.

Dan

2010/6/12 carltesta <[hidden email]>:

> There seems to be a bug in puredyne when you try to edit the properties of
> the panel by right-clicking on the panel itself and opening the panel
> properties menu. After you reboot the OS the panel disappears and you can't
> open up the panel properties/preferences anymore. This has happened on 2
> different usb keys I have installed puredyne on.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get the panel back?
>
> Thank You,
> Carl

carltesta carltesta

Re: [puredyne] Lost the Panel on reboot

Hi Dan,

I right-clicked on the panel, then just checked out the options but didn't
actually change anything and left the panel how it was. Perhaps that is
why the bug happened?

Carl