Live USB grub2 problem

bramilo bramilo

Live USB grub2 problem

I installed puredyne 9.11 on a 4G Toshiba USB stick following the instructions from http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Puredyne/Creating_a_live_USB_stick.

The grub version is: GNU GRUB version 1.98-1ubuntu7

It lists this option:

Puredyne 10.10 gazpacho Live

When I select that, I get these errors:

error: file not found.
error: you need to load the kernel first.

Press any key to continue...

I would appreciate advice on how to get the USB working; I want to run puredyne off the USB but also want to use the USB to install puredyne on an eeePC (1000H) netbook.

Thanks
Claude Heiland-Allen Claude Heiland-Allen

Re: [puredyne] Live USB grub2 problem

Hi,

On 19/10/10 14:10, bramilo wrote:

> I installed puredyne 9.11 on a 4G Toshiba USB stick following the
> instructions from
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Puredyne/Creating_a_live_USB_stick.
>
> The grub version is: GNU GRUB version 1.98-1ubuntu7
>
> It lists this option:
>
> Puredyne 10.10 gazpacho Live

Things are in flux with the ongoing development of the next release -
for now it is probably necessary to get an older version of bouilloncube:

bzr branch lp:~puredyne-team/bouilloncube/911

An alternative is to burn and boot from DVD, and run the script included
in that system:

sudo make-live-device.sh live /dev/sdX

> When I select that, I get these errors:
>
> error: file not found.
> error: you need to load the kernel first.
>
> Press any key to continue...
>
> I would appreciate advice on how to get the USB working; I want to run
> puredyne off the USB but also want to use the USB to install puredyne on an
> eeePC (1000H) netbook.
>
> Thanks

Let us know how it goes.  Thanks,

Claude

bramilo bramilo

Re: [puredyne] Live USB grub2 problem

Hi, Claude.

Thank you so much for your advice. It worked.

I ran make-live-device.sh from the DVD.

I was working off the DVD already. I forget that I'm running off DVD
sometimes because your live version is quick.

Thank you again for your advice, and thank you for your distro! I am
considering replacing the Ubuntustudio systems at my workplace with
pure:dyne.

Cheers

Christian