ERROR: open directory failed ----/SuperCollider/Extensions

anthillsocial anthillsocial

ERROR: open directory failed ----/SuperCollider/Extensions

I'm getting the following error when I startup Supercollider from a clean PureDyne Install.
Suggestions?
Cheers!!
Tom:)

it_OSC
compiling class library..
        NumPrimitives = 548
        compiling dir: '/usr/share/SuperCollider/SCClassLibrary'
        compiling dir: '/usr/share/SuperCollider/Extensions'
        compiling dir: '/home/tom/share/SuperCollider/Extensions'
ERROR: open directory failed '/home/tom/share/SuperCollider/Extensions'
ege ege

Re: ERROR: open directory failed ----/SuperCollider/Extensions

anthillsocial wrote
ERROR: open directory failed '/home/tom/share/SuperCollider/Extensions'
I can't understand why the start of sclang can't find your Extensions dir..
check this. you can re-install supercollider by $sudo apt-get remove supercollider
and after $sudo apt-get install supercollider use <tab> key in zsh shell for more help.
Bye hope this helps you.
Piece_Love_Unity
egelor.tumblr.com

Re: [puredyne] ERROR: open directory failed ----/SuperCollider/Extensions

2011/11/6 ege <[hidden email]>:

> anthillsocial wrote:
>>

>> ERROR: open directory failed '/home/tom/share/SuperCollider/Extensions'
>>

> I can't understand why the start of sclang can't find your Extensions dir..

It says it can't *open* it, not that it can't find it - I guess it
might be a permissions problem? Maybe this would help:

 sudo chown -R tom /home/tom/share/SuperCollider/Extensions

Dan

> check this. you can re-install supercollider by $sudo apt-get remove
> supercollider
> and after $sudo apt-get install supercollider use <tab> key in zsh shell for
> more help.
> Bye hope this helps you.
>
> -----
> Piece_Love_Unity
> egelor.tumblr.com

ege ege

Re: [puredyne] ERROR: open directory failed ----/SuperCollider/Extensions

yes tell us if that fix your problem
you can make sudo chmod -R 777 /home/user/share

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Dan S <[hidden email]> wrote:
2011/11/6 ege <[hidden email]>:

> anthillsocial wrote:
>>

>> ERROR: open directory failed '/home/tom/share/SuperCollider/Extensions'
>>

> I can't understand why the start of sclang can't find your Extensions dir..

It says it can't *open* it, not that it can't find it - I guess it
might be a permissions problem? Maybe this would help:

 sudo chown -R tom /home/tom/share/SuperCollider/Extensions

Dan

> check this. you can re-install supercollider by $sudo apt-get remove
> supercollider
> and after $sudo apt-get install supercollider use <tab> key in zsh shell for
> more help.
> Bye hope this helps you.
>
> -----
> Piece_Love_Unity
> egelor.tumblr.com

Piece Love Unity_Eugene

Piece_Love_Unity
egelor.tumblr.com
anthillsocial anthillsocial

Re: [puredyne] ERROR: open directory failed ----/SuperCollider/Extensions

Ta for the tips.
I ended up manually creating  /home/tom/share/SuperCollider/Extensions
and it started up fine.
Tom:)

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Eugene Tryfonides
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> yes tell us if that fix your problem
> you can make sudo chmod -R 777 /home/user/share
>

> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Dan S <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

>> > I can't understand why the start of sclang can't find your Extensions
>> > dir..
>>
>> It says it can't *open* it, not that it can't find it - I guess it
>> might be a permissions problem? Maybe this would help:
>>
>>  sudo chown -R tom /home/tom/share/SuperCollider/Extensions
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> > check this. you can re-install supercollider by $sudo apt-get remove
>> > supercollider
>> > and after $sudo apt-get install supercollider use <tab> key in zsh shell
>> > for
>> > more help.
>> > Bye hope this helps you.
>> >
>> > -----
>> > Piece_Love_Unity
>> > egelor.tumblr.com
>> > --
>> > ---
>> > [hidden email]
>> > http://identi.ca/group/puredyne
>> > irc://irc.goto10.org/puredyne
>> >

>> --
>> http://www.mcld.co.uk

> Piece Love Unity_Eugene

TOM KEENE | THE ANTHILL SOCIAL
><> Artist. Interactive Designer. Programmer.
><> 07930 573 944
><> 47 Hardel walk, Tulse Hill, SW2 2QG
><> [hidden email]
><> www.theanthillsocial.co.uk
ege ege

Re: [puredyne] ERROR: open directory failed ----/SuperCollider/Extensions

Nice make also a scwork dir inside your share folder and keep your work there... carefull not to loose anything. you can use dropbox or git ...
Make nice things bye.
Piece_Love_Unity
egelor.tumblr.com